ReachOut™ campaigns allow you to filter based on the Revulytics Client ID, which is a unique ID assigned to each client installation which integrates the Usage Intelligence SDK. In order to test your ReachOut™ campaigns and verify how the message will be delivered to your users, you can use this ID to target a specific test installation.
Follow these steps to find out the Revulytics Client ID for your installation and create a ReachOut™ campaign targeting this instance only:
- From the folder your application is using when calling
- Find the value of the CLIENTID, which is made up of 16 alphanumeric characters
- From the Usage Intelligence Dashboard navigate to the ReachOut™ page and create a new campaign or edit an existing one
- In the Recipient Profile Filter section, add a filter for the Revulytics Client ID
- Enter the client ID retrieved in step 2. You may enter multiple IDs to target more than one installation
- If you click the Estimate Recipients button you should see the number of matching recipients is equal to the number of client IDs you entered
- Save the campaign and the next time you run those specific installations your application will receive the ReachOut™ message
More information about the Usage Intelligence configuration file and its location can be found in this KBase article.