Below are some possible reasons for failed payments if you are using PayPal as your payment source.
- New PayPal Accounts - If you have just registered a new PayPal account, you will need to verify your account with PayPal before being allowed to make payments. Please log in to your PayPal account, click the Unverified link and follow the instructions. For more info please visit: Instructions to Verify your PayPal Account
- Changed Payment Source on PayPal - If you changed your credit card details or bank account associated with your PayPal account, you will first need to verify you are the owner of the new card/account. Please check your bank/card statement where you should see a PayPal charge of $1 together with a 4-digit code (sometimes it can take up to 3 business days for the PayPal code to appear). To verify your card with this code, you must log into your PayPal account and browse to "My Profile > My Money" section. Click Update in the Debit and credit cards section.
- Expired Debit/Credit Card - Please check whether the card you have linked to your PayPal account is not expired. To confirm your existing card details or add a new card you can log into your PayPal account and browse to the "My Account" tab. From the Profile drop-down menu, choose Add or Edit Bank Account/Credit Card.
- Expired Authorization - When you authorize Revulytics to withdraw money from your PayPal account, this authorization will remain valid for 12 months. If it has been more than 12 months since your first PayPal payment, please refresh your authorization by going to the Revulytics Usage Intelligence Dashboard > Administration page, and under Quota, Billing and Invoicing select Set Payment Method to link your PayPal account again.
- Exceeded Account Limit - Both PayPal and your bank may impose daily/monthly withdrawal limits on your credit card or bank account. Please login to your PayPal account and confirm whether you have exceeded your account limit by browsing to the "My Account" tab and click "View Limits" next to your PayPal balance. If you are nearing your limit, you may want to follow PayPal's procedure to lift limits on your account.
- Closed/Changed PayPal Account - If you want to change the PayPal account associated with your Revulytics product, please do this by going to the Administration page, and under Quota, Billing and Invoicing select Set Payment Method. Note that if you have multiple products you need to do this for every product.
For more details check out the PayPal Help Centre.
Activating Your Account on Credit
If you want to purchase a plan but cannot proceed with payment due to a temporary PayPal issue, please contact support to request an upgrade on credit. Our support will investigate requests on a case-by-case basis and terms and conditions may apply.